Global Citizenship Education Conference
Global Citizenship Education and Post Secondary Institutions: Policies, Practices and Possibilities
The conference took place October 23-25, 2008 at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Conference Themes Included:
* The relationships between global citizenship and justice
* Transdisciplinarity and global citizenship education in post
* The role of government in the development of global citizenship
education in post secondary contexts
* Pedagogical issues in educating for global citizenship
Program included the following invited speakers:
* Dr. Ana Maria Araujo Freire- Brazilian educator and wife of Paulo Freire. She has with a rich background in education and critical pedagogy and has collaborated with Paulo Freire on various books.
* Dr. Donaldo Macedo- Full professor of English and a Distinguished Professor of Liberal Arts and Education at the University of Massachusetts Boston. He has collaborated with Paulo Freire on various books.
* Dr. Raymond Théberge- Director General of the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC).
* Dr. Vanessa Andreotti- Senior lecturer at the School of Maori, Social and Cultural Studies in Education at the University of Canterbury in NZ
*More in depth bios of the invited speakers can be viewed on the Speaker Bio page.
*Video and powerpoint presentations of the invited speakers can be found on the Speaker Presentations page.
*A full program and list of paper abstracts can be viewed here